Thanks to the organizing efforts of Selena O’Hanlon and several fellow riders, the relief efforts benefiting those affected and displaced by the devastating Australian bushfires continue with the Ocala “Kick On for Koalas” clinic. Hosted by Barnstaple South (10800 NW 145th Ave., Moriston, FL 32668) next Tuesday, February 25, riders have the opportunity to sign up for a lesson with top riders who have generously donated their time to help.
The list of coaches signed up for Kick On for Koalas is:
- Buck Davidson, who has represented the USA in the WEG and international events around the world
- Lauren Kieffer, Olympian and member of the gold medal-winning team at the 2015 Pan Ams
- Scott Keach, two-time Olympian for Australia — 1988 in eventing and 2016 in show jumping.
- Dom Schramm, a former member of Australia’s Young Rider Squad and now five-star rider
- Lesley Grant-Law, a Canadian top-level eventer, named alternate for the Canadian Olympic Eventing team in the 2008 Beijing Games
- Selena O’Hanlon, who made her international riding debut riding for Canada in the 2008 Olympics
Riders can sign up for up to two sessions with the rider of their choice, and spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. All of the funds raised at the clinic will be split between Equestrian Fire Relief Australia and the World Wildlife Federation’s Australian Bushfire Emergency Fund.
If you want to sign up for this great opportunity for an even greater cause, use this form to do so. You’ll be contacted about submitting payment once your entry is received. The sessions run $200 for a show jumping or cross country lesson and $150 for a dressage lesson. You can also find more information in the event’s Facebook group here.